Helena Greenwood (MA Cantab, BSc Hons, PgDip) is an extremely experienced Registered Osteopath who has been qualified as an Osteopath and successfully treating patients with Osteopathy for nearly 20 years since graduating from the British School of Osteopathy (now the University College of Osteopathy) in 1999.
Helena works using a variety of osteopathic approaches including deep tissue massage, manipulation, articulation and cranial (craniosacral) osteopathic techniques. She holds a postgraduate diploma in Cranial Osteopathy and has taught it extensively at postgraduate level. Helena often uses Cranial Osteopathy in her work in her special interest areas (treatment of pregnant mums, infants and children, head pain and the osteopathic treatment of animals), but also in her treatment of other conditions particularly for patients who prefer a more gentle approach without the 'clicking' that some osteopaths & chiropractors.
Helena lives on Portland and works in Weymouth at her own clinic and at the Charles Stree Clinic in Dorchester. She also works one day a week at her clinic in Newdigate, Surrey.
Helena is a member of the Institute of Osteopathy (iO) and is registered with and statutorily regulated by the General Osteopathic Council (GOsC) as required by law for all osteopaths. This means:
- She has been trained to a high level at an osteopathic institution approved by the GOsC
- She is regulated and has to meet the high standards set by the GOsC to protect patients
- She has to keep up-to-date through doing annual Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
- She will be re-validated every 3 years to keep her registration
- She has been trained to screen for medical conditions and refer patients to GPs, relevant NHS professionals or private consultants where appropriate.
Helena regularly exceeds the requirements of the GOsC in relation to CPD hours and has many hours of post-graduate learning in general osteopathy and her specialist areas.